Sunday, August 26, 2012

English Assignment

Ok, as promised I will publish my short story for my English Assignment.

The guidelines were:
It had to be a complete story, 150 words or less and the main character's name had to be Shawn Bell.

                                                                  

                                               Legacy




The pain of loss was a familiar feeling for Shawn Bell. She had lost her parents, her husband, and a child. Shawn knew she didn’t have much longer to live. She was surrounded by her five living children, their spouses, and all 15 of her grandchildren. She felt at peace but hoped everyone would realize that she wanted them to move on quickly. Life was for the living.

Shawn was happy that she was about to be reunited with the love of her life and her baby girl. “Jesus, please comfort my family,” she prayed silently as they all started to sing. She felt herself start to smile as she took her last breath. She knew that just as God had held her when she went through the tragedies in her life, he was now holding her family in their time of sorrow.

“Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine….”



                                                                    The End

Critique AWAY!

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written in my opinion but I am not an english major in any way. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is great. It's incredibly difficult to write with such restrictions placed upon you, and I think you definitely did well. I hope you get an A!

    ReplyDelete