Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Andrew Carter

Dear baby Drew,


     You were just born yesterday.  I can't believe that I haven't gotten to see your beautiful face yet or hold you in my arms.  I live pretty far from you now, 21 hours away.  To you that is about 10 meals and 8 naps.  I wanted to write you this note to tell you how precious and special you are to me and all of us, the crazy people laughing and poking at you, they love you too!  You see, your mommy is one of my very best friends in the entire world.  She is also my sister and when I was as big as you are, she held me, just like your big sister Olivia holds you.  It is so hard for me to see pictures of you and watch videos of your perfect face and not get to hold you, just like your mommy held me, and my two boys when they were born.  


     I don't know if anybody has let you in on this secret but you were a great big surprise for all of us.  We knew that God must be creating a pretty special somebody and he wanted us to be surprised because God knows how awesome surprises are.  You are the best surprise anybody could ever receive.  We are all so happy to have you and in just 6 weeks I will tell you all of this again when I finally get to see you.  Don't forget though, that Bebbi loves you and even though I haven't officially met you, I miss you so much!


     Your cousins Parker and Elijah, and your Uncle Stephen send you lots of love and hugs too!

3 comments:

  1. Debbie Leigh that's sooo sweet!!!! I know you are just counting the days when you guys can be together. Just thinking, waiting makes it even more special! Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Mrs. Grace. Being a fellow blogger you know how good it feels to get comments on your blog!! I appreciate all of your encouragement! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This entry should come with a warning - Get your kleenex out! : )

    ReplyDelete