Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The first of many.....

So, i've started a blog. I've been talking about it for a long time now and figure, while it might just be one of those things like journals and excersize that seem to be put on the backburner in my life...maybe this habit will stick. As for the title. My entire life, well since I was 15, there has been an issue with my name; Deborah Leigh Brown Holt, thats it. It seems like a simple enough name, the issue is that when I was 15 I decided to become "Leigh" instead of the "Debbi" I had been up to that point. Recently one of my friends found out about this prior use of "Debbi" via the wonderful world of FACEBOOK and now it is a big joke amoung my new friends who know me as "Leigh". So, her husband who thinks he is SO amusing asked her, to ask me, if i've ever "Done Dallas". Well I thought it was funny because I think he is SO amusing too and that is where my blog title came from. Sorry mom, if this has any bad implications....for the record I have never "done" any kind of city, well not in the way that it implies.

The meat of who Deborah Leigh Brown Holt is. I was born in a tiny town, Harrisville, MS and considered myself not as much from there, but only being reared there until my parent's found a city more presentable. I have since become very fond of my childhood in my very tiny town. There is a lot a country girl knows about things that I think would have otherwise passed her by and for this, I am proud of Harrisville, my hometown. I will skip a whole lot of nonsense and put you to the me I am today.

I am 28 years old. I have a fantastic family and wonderful friends. I married a wonderful man January 15th, 2005 who is a pilot in the Air Force and is the wonderful father of our 2 boys. Parker is almost 3 and is exactly like his father in action and genetic makeup. They could be twins and are both annoyed by people's lack of understanding on things they think are important. Elijah is almost 2 and is hilarious and big goofball and thinks its hilarious to get on the nerves of those aforementioned men, mainly his big brother. I also have a cocker spaniel, Jolene who my husband bought for me just 2 weeks after we got married and 3 weeks before he deployed for the first time being my husband. She is as spoiled as any dog who was raised by a lonely military wife can be expected to be and thinks that she owns our house, and well, she does get her way most of the time. All of the people in my life are delights and I have so much fun with them and lots of worry, and LOTS of wondering where my sanity will go when the final thread does leave me. That is enough for today.

My following blogs will probably be about these people who I have named but i'm sure I will drag more names into this whole thing before its all said and done. I hope SOMEBODY out there can relate to my crazy life and has fun reading and commenting!

Leigh, or Debbi (yes this is what it has become)

9 comments:

  1. You go girl!! You always loved to write your feelings down so this is great. I personally keep a journal so everyone in the world cannot read it, hence the difference in our personalities. I will read every post (so watch your language)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama, why does your comment say "Aunt Deb"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I wondered the same thing about the Aunt Deb. Maybe you have her so confused with all the name changing that she isn't sure if she is reading something her daughter or her niece wrote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wondered about the Debbi Leigh thing. I've always known you as Debbi, just cuz I didn't know any different! Sorry, it's just habit. I'm so glad you are doing this! I can identify with you on the "not following thru" with things. Jason always kids around with me about not sticking with things- I get distracted and lose interest very easily! I always tell him he's lucky I haven't lost interest in him! :) love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I love it, and I'm excited to read more. I think that you should continue to address your mama in as many blogs as possible, since it is hilarious to consider, and I'm sure she's constantly in your mind (as mine is in mine - and occasionally yours too).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it because that was what it said when I used to comment on James and Hannah's when they were in Belize?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I fixed it!! Go me, go me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that picture Mama. Thanks everyone...I am really hoping to make this a habit!

    ReplyDelete